Skip to content
Scroll to Top
« All Events
Balloons and Tunes
November 1 - November 3
Balloons and Tunes 2019
Join us the first weekend in November each year as hot air balloons fill the crisp autumn air. Balloons launch Saturday and Sunday morning, weather permitting. Don’t be shy, pilots love to talk about their hobby and you could even get a chance to help inflate the hot air balloon yourself! After the morning flights, take a stroll through our Historic Walking Tour and History In Bronze, or simply shop the unique downtown merchants found on Main Street. Tap your toes to the tunes of the Artesia High School Band playing alongside balloon pilots during Saturday night’s Fire Concert, or take in a musical performance downtown during the weekend.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 – Balloons will lift off from Elementary Schools first thing in the morning.
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 –
- 7:00 am – 5K Balloon Chase (Fun Run/Walk) Registration at Eagle Draw
- 7:00 am – Balloons start setting up at Eagle Draw
- 8:00 am – 5K Balloon Chase will begin
- 1:00 pm – Canvas and Balloons – Paint party at the Ocotillo Performing Arts Center
- 2:00 pm – Paper Takes Flight at Artesia Public Library
- 6:00 pm – FREE Fire Concert at the World Famous Bulldog Bowl Parking lot including the Artesia High School Marching Band, Twirling Stars and of course the Balloon Pilots
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Entertaining “Tunes” at the following locations:
- Hotel Artesia 203 N. 2nd Street
- Best Western Pecos Inn 2209 W. Main Street
- Wellhead Brewpub & Restaurant 332 W. Main Street.
- Sunday, November 3, 2019
- 6:00 am – Balloons start setting up at Eagle Draw
The Artesia Balloons & Tunes Festival is your best bet for spending a weekend flying and chasing balloons, celebrating local culture, and learning more about the craft of ballooning. The festival has been a free public event in Artesia since the early 1980s, taking place on the first weekend in November every year, just as the air starts to get crisp. Balloonists from near and far flock to Artesia to launch and fly over farmlands and see the landscape of New Mexico from a different angle. Artesia locals look forward to this event each year and welcome the balloon pilots with concerts and festivities around town.